withdrawal from a person
is different from a
drug—it is the
scratch of a rusty
house key with the message
pretty red letters but you’ve gotta
turn the key, sweetie, so
for me to
what’s left for me to
scratch up? (more…)
Every single thing I’ve ever known is just barely stuck at the tip of my tongue
Three years of shoving a body’s worst tragedy
Into the dusty boxes at the back of a cobwebbed cluttered room
Can do that to a person’s mind (more…)
1) Fearing someone is a necessary part of loving them. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you will find someone who will tolerate loving you.
2) Never rely on anyone for comfort. The person who wipes away your tears can just as easily be the person who causes them.
3) Food is a weapon.
4) Hands are weapons.
5) Your own vulnerability will be used against you as a weapon.
6) These weapons will be used to harm you until you don’t know the meaning of the word “weapon” anymore. They will be used to harm you, repeatedly, even after an apology. Apologies can not be trusted. As such, weapons should be avoided at all costs.
7) Pain is sometimes a necessary punishment for bad behavior. If there’s no one around to hurt you for what you’ve done, then you must hurt yourself.
8) How to ride a bike.
9) How to recognize the constellations.
10) How to build whole worlds with just your words.
11) The person who taught you these things deserves all of your trust.
12) The person who deserves all of your trust will violate it again and again. And you will give it to them again and again anyways. (more…)
okay a) I realize that it’s Monday, but it’s probably Tuesday somewhere in the world and b) be proud of me for actually continuing with a series of posts for once!!!
So, I always see posts on tumblr and on here and wherever else that say stuff like “the day I dress to impress a man is the day I am being lowered into the ground” or “wing your eyeliner if you want, wear no makeup if you want, it’s all for you.” And things like this are good things. Great things, really, through and through. But I just honestly don’t feel like they apply to me all that much.
There’s not a lot that I do that I feel is 100% for myself. It’s not like I consider that fact a bad thing—it’s largely by design. I’m the very definition of an extrovert, and I like to share my identity with the world. There are times when I like feelings of anonymity, because I feel like it creates a stronger group “vibe” (at music festivals, for example), but for the most part I like to just kinda get myself out there.
So, I present to you:
The Top Five Things That Maybe Should Be For Myself But Aren’t (more…)
Popped into my head. Sorry that I haven’t been posting much (and what I have posted hasn’t been very good). I love you all. Happy holidays if there’s anything you celebrate. If not, happy winter. (more…)