Wow, thank you so, so much to minniex for nominating me! 🙂
I’m not 100% sure how this award works, nor am I sure who started it (probably, it was someone named Liebster) but according to Minnie’s Blog, the rules go like this:
– the bloggers that have been nominated must link back to the person that nominated them
– nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them
– those nominated must choose eleven of their fave bloggers that have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions
– when you are nominated you cannot nominate the person that nominated you
– after nominating your faves you need to drop them a comment telling them that you have nominated them.
Seems simple enough.
1. What have you achieved with blogging?
Well I’d like to think that I’ve managed to touch some people, but who knows. If nothing else, it’s an excellent way to improve my writing skills and a general exercise in self-awareness.
2. When was the last time you did something good for someone?
It depends. I’m not really a Random Acts of Kindness type of person and I never really have been. I think the last time I did something truly good for someone was when I tried my hardest to offer my help to Melissa, but I really don’t know how much I managed to help her. But I felt like I was at least doing something.
3. Your biggest dream.
Ever since fourth grade, I’ve wanted to be a lawyer. Preferably, a criminal prosecutor, since defending drunk drivers has never really appealed to me. The logical progression from there is, of course, to become a senator, then the president, then the ruler of the world. But, you know, baby steps 😉
4. Are you a cat or a dog person?
Cats creep me out and rarely accept my affection. Dogs love unconditionally and they’re adorable. I’ve got 2 of em. I would much rather be needed than needy and dogs are the most needy creatures in the world, besides babies. Dog person hands down.
5. What is your most special talent?
I’ve always been a word person, although I don’t know if I would call it special. Lots of people are writers. But it’s something I love to do and I like to think I’m pretty good at it.
6. What is the meanest thing you’ve told to someone?
Wow, it’s tough to pick just one. I can be a vicious person when it comes down to it. But if I had to pick the worst, it was probably my brutal slut-shaming of Houston (sometimes to her face but oftentimes not) for the better part of a year.
7. Do you believe in fate?
I don’t know. My religious/spiritual beliefs are probably the least solidified out of all the views I hold. I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I also believe that sometimes, fate has got a fucked up sense of humor.
8. Three things you love about yourself.
Three things I love about myself? Well, it depends on the day. I’m moody. But on a good day, it would be:
1. I love the relationships I have with my friends. I love the fact that people love, respect, and trust me enough to tell me their problems and ask for my advice.
2. I love my body. Even though sometimes I say I don’t, I really and truly do. I was blessed with almost perfect health, and lucky enough to be born into a family that forces me to eat all-organic!
3. I love that I am able to be so self-aware and so resilient, even though sometimes I feel like I could just break. I am aware of and respect the power of my own strength.
9. One thing you dislike about yourself.
I feel too, too deeply–about everything. I find it difficult to just “take my mind off it.” I’m never not thinking.
10. Which is harder to you: to think about the things you love about youself or the ones you hate?
It’s much easier to think about the things that I hate than the things I love. Self-loathing (which is a lot different from self-reflection) is a pattern that it’s really easy to fall back into when I’m given the chance.
11. Hablas español?
No, but 我 说 中文, 说 的 一点. (I speak a little bit of Chinese. Forgive me if my grammar is incorrect!)
Okay, so now for my nominations:
My questions for my nominees:
1. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
2. What is your best quality?
3. Describe your best friend and what makes you so close.
4. What do you believe happens after death?
5. What’s your “type” (if you have one)?
6. What was the last thing you cried about?
7. What was the last thing that made you smile?
8. Describe your home.
9. What’s your dream job?
1o. How old were you when you had your first kiss (if you’ve had it yet, I haven’t!)?
11. What is one thing you would never, ever do?
Thank you again, so much, to minniex for the nomination. Happy blogging! 🙂