So, I’m publishing another book of poetry. A better one this time, since I wasn’t working to a deadline, and it won’t just be a kindle edition—it’ll be a real, live, beautiful physical book that you’ll be able to buy at loads of different retail sites! I just wanted to mention it on here to gauge what people’s thoughts would be, and see if people would be interested in buying/reviewing. Let me know!!!
orange street-lamp sherbert,
an ice-cream cone right
outside my window, because daddy
I’m a little kid and I
love to love the world
I remember you used to push
on the swingset
higher higher higher
so high I could see the
rose garden down the pretty path
I’d laugh and scream and you’d push
far too hard
but I wasn’t worried about falling
because you would’ve caught me,
withdrawal from a person
is different from a
drug—it is the
scratch of a rusty
house key with the message
pretty red letters but you’ve gotta
turn the key, sweetie, so
for me to
what’s left for me to
Please don’t expect me to be really returning to this blog. A good deal of it makes me cringe. I’m still very active in social justice communities etc, but good god, I was a pretentious 14-yo. My “About Me” page kinda makes me wanna die, honestly. I just didn’t want anyone to think I was dead tbh.
Every single thing I’ve ever known is just barely stuck at the tip of my tongue
Three years of shoving a body’s worst tragedy
Into the dusty boxes at the back of a cobwebbed cluttered room
Can do that to a person’s mind
1) Fearing someone is a necessary part of loving them. The sooner you accept this, the sooner you will find someone who will tolerate loving you.
2) Never rely on anyone for comfort. The person who wipes away your tears can just as easily be the person who causes them.
3) Food is a weapon.
4) Hands are weapons.
5) Your own vulnerability will be used against you as a weapon.
6) These weapons will be used to harm you until you don’t know the meaning of the word “weapon” anymore. They will be used to harm you, repeatedly, even after an apology. Apologies can not be trusted. As such, weapons should be avoided at all costs.
7) Pain is sometimes a necessary punishment for bad behavior. If there’s no one around to hurt you for what you’ve done, then you must hurt yourself.
8) How to ride a bike.
9) How to recognize the constellations.
10) How to build whole worlds with just your words.
11) The person who taught you these things deserves all of your trust.
12) The person who deserves all of your trust will violate it again and again. And you will give it to them again and again anyways.
I really have become quite the poet lately—I wanted to show you guys some of what I’ve been working on. (more…)
Hi! It has been an insane few months since we saw each other last.
Memoirs has gone up for purchase on the amazon ebook store. If you’d like to check it out, you can do so here. I’ll be the first to say it isn’t a masterpiece, however I would still greatly appreciate if you’d check out the sample and reblog this post. There will be promotional days where the book will be available at a discounted price (maybe even for free!) that I’ll post about here when the time comes. If you’re interested in reading it for free in exchange for leaving a review, just shoot me an email and we’ll talk!
There’s a short sample that you can view, and I’ll also be posting a special excerpt on here sometime within the next few days.
Memoirs of a Guardian Angel can be purchased here for $2.99 and is available on all Kindle devices as well as all devices with the Kindle app. If you are interested in purchasing in a country besides the US, just leave a comment and I’ll give you the link, or search “Memoirs of a Guardian Angel” in the Amazon store and look for Sophia Hudson. Thanks!